Wednesday, November 5, 2014

"So, you are going to keep My name for the hospital?"





I went with my wife to Kanchipuram in the mid nineteen eighties to have Swamigal's darshan. The purpose of the visit was to obtain His blessings for building the eye hospital that I had planned for a long time. I prostrated to Him and placed the plan for the hospital building before Him.

"Oh, you are going to construct an eye hospital?", He remarked.

I nodded my head affirmatively.

"So, you are going to keep My name for the hospital?"

I told Him, "Yes".

He then closed His eyes for sometime. And then He placed the plan on His Head and again closed His eyes! When He opened His eyes, He held a coconut in His hand for a while and gave it to me.

"Go ahead", said He and blessed me!


*****
Dr RV Ramani had come to our office today to speak about the activites of Sankara Eye Foundation (not affiliated to Sankara Nethralaya). The word 'Sankara' caught my eye and I decided to attend the talk. As he started with his presentation, the third or the fourth slide had pictures of Mahaswamigal, Pudhu Periyava and Bala Periyava and I was thrilled to say the least! He mentioned that the Eye Foundation was running with Their blessings. After the presentation was over I spent a few minutes with him, when he narrated the above incident to me.

Sankara Eye Foundation's website: http://www.giftofvision.org/about-us

No comments:

Post a Comment